Friday, July 16, 2010

We are not friends of this world

Day 1
How do we really live out a life where God is in control?

First we have to know God, it’s all about your personal relationship with Him.
It’s not just about what we know in our bible or saying we believe, because even the devil believes in God, and demons can quote scripture. Off course it is super important to read the Word of God daily. God has packed this love letter full of armor to shield us, directions on which way to go to get by in this world, love, and promises. Why would we not want to read it?

But, It is also how we live out our relationship with God every moment. How does being a Christian affect every area of our life? Is there enough evidence to convict you as a Christian?
Going to church or saying we believe doesn’t make us a Christian.

When we say “I’m a believer; I follow Jesus; I believe the gospel” How does that affect the way that we view life? How does that affect the way we react to pressure, how we treat different people, husbands, and children? How do we make decisions? What do we give? What do we save? Financial habits, moral habits, TV-viewing habits, using the computer, in friendships, in use of free time, diet and exercise! How does being a believer affect and impact every single area of my life? (Nancy Leigh Moss) We can’t say “ok God please take care of making sure I have enough money but I will decide how many new pairs of shoes I buy with it”, or “yes God guide me in the way I treat my friends but I am still going to yell at my husband because he deserves it”.

If we are children of God, He lives in us, His Holy Spirit lives in us. He’s supposed to be in control of every area of our life.


I was chatting with my brother the other day and he said something that stuck out to me so much, I wrote a song about it.
He said “we are not friends of this world.
and it doesn't guide us”

I’ll tell you I find myself writing things and deleting them because I don’t want to look to much like a Jesus Freak. Well you know what? The alternative to that is serving both man and God. The alternative is being lukewarm and afraid to say and live out things people might frown on or that might make us look crazy. Did Jesus do that? No!, he never did and so he was beat and killed for us. And we are afraid of hurting someone’s feelings or them thinking we are weird or crazy. You can’t just kind of believe and pick and chose the comfortable parts. It’s all or nothing and I am not risking eternity in heaven so that a person will like me.
“We are not friends of this world.
and it doesn't guide us”

It’s so true. Let God guide you in every step, you won’t be sorry. He has promised a great treasure to those who love and seek him with all their heart.

Here is the thing, we can read moving words, we can get all excited about it!, we can pray and talk about it forever but until we jump off that cliff into his arms with tested blind faith. Then it will all just be another inspirational moment in our lives.

I want to be a woman after God’s heart, in every area of my life controlled by the Word of God, by the Spirit of God, the gospel of Christ.

I am living for the day that I hear “well done good and faithful servant

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I want to be a woman after God’s heart, in every area of my life controlled by the Word of God, by the Spirit of God, the gospel of Christ."

    This is indeed my prayer in all facets of my life. WWJD is an over-used expression but in truth it is one I constantly ask myself. Am I doing what God has taught me to do or am I reacting (more often "reacting") according to our "feelings". I have stumbled in my journey of faith because of the latter, and then I have to remind myself that I have failed because I have let my feelings guide me rather than God, himself. Peace and harmony take over my being when my heart is once again filled with His love and forgiveness which, in turn, is passed on to others in my life.

    ReplyDelete