Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 27 I shall not want

The Lord is my Shepard I shall not want…

I would love for that to be said of me! Would’t you love that to be said of you? Does our way of responding to life’s circumstances ,problems and stresses make people look at us and say, “The Lord is her shepherd; Psalm 23 she super lives that way!

I really feel that sometimes God has us experience want as a consequence of having gone our own way. We follow him and then we decide to do our own thing on some issues. I think it's just to restore us to following him because we all know that feeling of going astray and struggling, doing it on our own and then coming back to him and thinking wow, what was I doing on my own?

I shall not want. That’s a huge statement of faith. We don't need something more, something better or someone better. Sometimes you gotta say it when when you don't feel or see it you gotta trust it. He has promised to provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment